Happy Friday MHS Graduate Families -
Tomorrow is a BIG day for your students, and we are working hard to make it a great day despite some not so great weather in the forecast! While we will not make a final call until 6:00am on Saturday morning, it currently looks like tomorrow morning’s Graduation Ceremony will be held in the MHS gymnasium. In preparation, we want to provide you with all of the information so you can plan accordingly.
The inclement weather plan for our June 8th Graduation Ceremony is as follows:
- The Graduation Ceremony will take place in the MHS Main Gymnasium at 8:30am with doors opening at 7:00am. Due to the circumstances, reserving seats will not be allowed so we suggest your guests arrive together if you want to be sure to sit together.
- Each Graduate has received FOUR (4) blue tickets for guest admission into the Main Gym and THREE (3) orange tickets for guest admission into the Performing Arts Center where the graduation ceremony will be streamed live on the big screen. The tickets will be clearly marked as to which area they allow admission. Please keep your tickets in a safe place, as they will not be replaced if lost.
- Those with blue tickets to the Main Gym must enter the building through the Gymnasium entrance on Blue Devil Boulevard.
- Those with orange tickets to the Performing Arts Center must enter the building using the Performing Arts Center entrance on Magnolia Street.
- If needed, additional handicap parking will be available in the parking lot on the corner of Cabarrus Avenue and Magnolia Street.
A few additional points for which you need to be aware:
- Due to fire code, infants and children will count as a person and, therefore, need a ticket, and strollers will not be allowed.
- Also due to fire code, we must dismiss in an orderly fashion; therefore, there will not be an opportunity for family pictures inside of the building with your graduate following the ceremony. Graduates will reunite with their family and friends outside of the building following the ceremony.
- No artificial noisemakers/air horns will be allowed.
- No food or drink will be allowed.
We apologize for this list of rules but ask for your cooperation so that we can make this a memorable day for our graduates and you. While we realize an indoor graduation is not ideal, it will be air conditioned, dry, and ultimately a wonderful day! We will send out a call at 6:00am tomorrow morning to our graduate families with our final decision. We will also share that information on the website and social media channels. Rain or shine, the Graduation Ceremony will be streamed on Facebook Live from the Mooresville High School Blue Devils Facebook page account. You can access it by clicking the link or by going to @MooresvilleSeniorHighSchool should you decide to watch from the comfort of your home. Thank you and congratulations to our graduates and families!